Thursday, January 28, 2010

Love wrist

I just bought myself my first automatic watch for christmas this year. What's even more exciting about it is it has a retrograde seconds hand, which is my favorite complication by far. Here's the watch:



Daniel JeanRichard is a brand that was revived under Girard Perregaux. In 2006, they changed their brand name to just JeanRichard. I'm really enjoying this watch and find myself often watching the seconds hand just to see it jump back across. The watch also has a sapphire case back which allows you to see the movement and sometimes if I'm waiting around I take the watch off and watch the movement "spin". It's fascinating that someone figured out how to fit all those small parts together to make something so beautiful.

My first watch that I received for my 18th birthday couple years ago was this Tissot Classic Prince:

I really love the case design and the curve in the said case. This design caused it to be dubbed "the banana watch" in the 20s. It's 49mm long so it's not for everyone but I have pretty big wrists and I get compliments on it quite a lot. It's a quartz movement, however I still love it, the blued hands on the cream back ground look fantastic, the "exploding" numbers and because of the curve in the case you can look at the hands from a "side" view if you get eye level with the crystal which isn't something you can do with many watches.

As you can see my taste in watches is not exactly traditional. However, my next watch(whenever that will be) is going to be round faced I think. I would love something very clean face, like the Sinn 1746 Klassik but with a power reserve. Although I may skip that last requirement just because I love the 1746 so much. We'll see in a couple of years.

So this thread is for posting about what's on your wrist and what's in your possible watch collection. Tell us why you love your pieces. Pictures are highly encouraged. Lets keep it all inclusive so everyone is welcome here from Breguet, Patek, Vacheron to Tissot, Hamilton, Fossil, Nixon etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment